ActionAid Sweden is an human rights organization and part of the global ActionAid Federation, which is present in 46 countries. We work for social justice, equality and fight poverty. We have a special focus on women's and girls' rights as we see gender equality is a prerequisite for sustainable change and development in Sweden and in the world. ActionAid Sweden's mission is to raise funds and initiate programs for this development internationally and nationally as well as to communicate important core issues and to be a relevant influencer for the organization's core issues, both in program countries through partners and in Sweden's development arena.
We are now looking for a Project coordinator that will help us take our national work in fighting female genital mutilation (FGM) to the next level and strengthen the work against FGM and increase the right of young girls and women.
Purpose of the role:
You will focus on building relationships and collaborations with different stakeholders as well as reaching out and connect with girls and women at risk of FGM in Sweden. You will be the organization’s focal point and plan and facilitated events and meetings.
By participating in the implementation of the activities, the role acts as a catalyst and quality assurance for the assignment trusted to ActionAid.
- Be the main contact person for groups and organizations influenced by FGM in Sweden
- Be the main contact person in the meeting with other interest groups and organizations for the work against FGM in Sweden
- Build and maintain relationships with key CSO actors, grassroots activists, community leaders and target groups in the communities we work with
- Organize and plan digital and physical activities and group discussions and meetings as needed
- Coordinate the work with participants and facilitators
- Responsible for the implementation of other activities within the projects, such as advocacy work
- Follow up and evaluate work within the national projects in Sweden
- Responsible for ensuring that digital information of FGM is available through ActionAid's digital channels
- Work with the communications officer to disseminate information about the projects
- Produce context analyzes, map, identify needs and develop activities within the framework of ongoing or planned projects
- Collaboration with the project manager to integrate Sweden's operations with the international work against FGM
- Take active responsibility and collaborate with the project manager in program development and reporting
- Together with the process leader and the project manager, evaluate and analyze Reflection Action circles and ensure that the results of these are available for relevant stakeholders
- Keep in touch with participants who have participated in discussion groups
- Provide training in the Reflection Action method if necessary
- Together with the process leader, create and define content for our workshops
- Provide support to local, national, regional and international partners when needed
- Higher education in a relevant area or relevant/similar knowledge acquired elsewhere
- Solid knowledge in rights-based work and projects/program activities
- Solid experience of building relationships with different types of partners and project design
- Strong in networking
- Fluent in speech and writing in English, basic knowledge in Swedish is an advantage
- Experience of digital education and tools
- You have a strong commitment to ActionAid's core issues with girls' and women's rights in focus
You are a person who gets things done, you are not afraid to find new solutions in finding the best way to reach the highest results. You enjoy networking and is a person that creates new relationships that can open new exciting doors. You are results-oriented and have the ability to prioritize and make decisions. You have a strong relationship-building personality and are confident, with a positive focus.
Terms of the position
The position is a parent leave substitute employment of one year with the possibility of extension up to two years starting date September/October 2021.
ActionAid is covered by a collective agreement between the Union and Fremia. During ongoing corona restrictions, we mostly work from home. Due to the character of the position, some trips in the work may occur as well as some work can be in evenings and weekends.
As ActionAid strive for equality and diversity in the workplace we are happy to see applicants with different backgrounds and experiences.
We are looking forward to receiving your application no later than August 13th. The application consists of your introductory letter and your CV. Questions about the service are answered by Jennifer Vidmo; 070-3524609.
Send your application in an email marked "Application Project Coordinator" to email@example.com no later than August 13th. Attach CV and application letter.