ActionAid Sweden is a human rights organization and part of the global ActionAid Federation, which is present in 46 countries. We work for social justice, equality and fight poverty. We have a special focus on women's and girls' rights as we see gender equality is a prerequisite for sustainable change and development in Sweden and in the world. ActionAid Sweden's mission is to raise funds and initiate programs for this development internationally and nationally as well as to communicate important core issues and to be a relevant influencer for the organization's core issues, both in program countries through partners and in Sweden's development arena.
We are now looking for a Process leader that will help us take our national work in fighting female genital mutilation (FGM) to the next level. We are looking for a person that will work directly with girls and women at risk of FGM in Sweden.
Purpose of the role:
Plan, conduct and evaluate meetings and workshops (through the Reflection Action method) on discrimination and violence against women (specifically female genital mutilation).
- Recruitment of external participants
- Plan and prepare workshops/meetings
- Facilitate workshops/meetings (physical and digital), create discussion and reflection together with the participants to fight FGM, by using the Reflection Action method.
- Together with the project manager, evaluate, report and analyze the results of the meetings/workshops.
- Participate in the development of the Reflection Action method
- Education in the relevant field
- Experience of leading and facilitating meetings/workshops with participatory methods as a basis in civil society
- Experience of rights-based work
- Experience of working directly with relevant target groups to combat FGM
- Have knowledge and have inputs about FGM
- Have contacts/insights among groups affected by FGM
- Very good communication skills
- Ability to create a safe environment and trust
- Fluent in speech and writing in English, basic knowledge in Swedish is an advantage
- Experience of digital education and tools
- Experience of facilitation trainings digitally
- Experience of digital participation methods.
You are a person who gets things done, you are not afraid to find new solutions in finding the best way to reach the highest results. You are a person that are strong in building trust and make people feel comfortable and safe around you. You have a strong relationship-building personality and are confident, with a positive focus.
Terms of the position
The position is activity based and will be planned with the right candidate, it can be a flexible timeframe for the assignment that suits the candidate and the project. Implementation of the project will run between September 2021- May 2022.
ActionAid is covered by a collective agreement between the Union and Fremia. During ongoing corona restrictions, we mostly work from home. Due to the character of the position, some trips in the work may occur as well as some work can be in evenings and weekends.
We are looking forward to receiving your application no later than August 13th. The application consists of your introductory letter and your CV. Questions about the service are answered by Jennifer Vidmo; 070-3524609.
Send your application in an email marked "Application Process Leader" to email@example.com no later than August 13th. Attach CV and applic